Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Mini Apple Pies


I know it's been awhile since I've posted & have been neglecting my blog a bit :( But getting everything up and running has been a little rougher than I thought! So for now here's a super yummy recipe I found on Facebook!!! Mini apple pies & they were a hit here in the Harrison household!!!


Prep Time: Approx 30 min (probably much less without my mini helpers)
Cook Time: Approx 15-20 minutes
Servings: Approx 12 Mini Pies
Bakeware: Muffin Pan (I made 12)

Ingredients: 
  • Pie Crust mix (I used a box containing 2 but ran out for the top so you may want to add another box if making more than 12)
  • Apple (or any flavor) Pie Filling (you can make your own or I opted for the easy way and used it out of a can and must say it was pretty yummy!!!) 
  • Sugar & Cinnamon mixture (I just mixed until the color was a lighter brown)
  • Cooking/baking spray (I used a baking spray)
  • Flour to spread to keep crust from sticking
Directions:
  • Pre-heat oven to 375 (or directions on pie crust box)
  • Spray muffin pan with cooking or baking spray 
  • Mix pie crust according to directions for the one you purchased. I used Betty Crocker & only had to mix water :) 
  • Once dough is mixed, spread flour on cutting board or counter, roll out crust to about 1/4" thick. 
  • Cut out circles large enough to spread in the muffin tin (I used a large coffee mug)
  • Place the crust circles inside the muffin pan where it covers all the way to the top. You may have to cut and re-roll out crust to cut again :( But there's just enough if you do it right. 
  • I sprinkled some of the cinnamon & sugar mixture in the bottom here (it's not a must but makes it super yummy!)
  • Open pie filling and fill up the min pie crusts :) (I had to cut some of the apples in half so they would fit and put 2-3 apple pieces in each pie crust and lots of the yummy filling too) 
  • Use the remaining crust to roll out and cut into small stripes to cover the tops... As you can see I didn't have enough to cover all the tops evenly so my girls chose how they wanted the remaining done :) If you roll it out right it will be just enough but I had 4 little helpers with me!!! 
  • Sprinkle the cinnamon & sugar mixture on top of the mini pies...  My girls LOVE anything with cinnamon & sugar so we put quite a bit on top here... 
  • Bake for about 15 minutes or until the mini pies are golden brown and bubbling a little. I couldn't time it just right because again I had 4 anxious little girls wanting them NOW MAMA!!!
  • Let cool for about 20-30 minutes and ENJOY your.....









No comments:

Post a Comment